NOT JUST FOR FUN

Why is social media marketing important?

Social media marketing is an incredibly powerful tactic for companies in all industries, and of all sizes. On social platforms, brands have the opportunity to create interpersonal connections and humanize themselves.

Although some may write off social media marketing as “silly” or “not for them,” it’s important to remember: there is a place for you and your business on social media. It’s not a time-waster—it’s an opportunity to connect with people in different ways.

get social

WHO USES WHAT

Social media marketing channels

get social platform help

Platform Purpose:

  • A more social, personable, and individually relatable platform that should be used to provide content that provides fun, engaging, and enjoyable perspectives
  • Typically not used for networking or business insights

Basic Best Practices:

  • Keep consistent posting schedule
  • Incorporate greater number of visual posts (photos, graphics, videos, etc.)
  • Utilize “stories” feature
  • Provide links to downloadable content to encourage engagement
  • Run ads on platform to enhance reach and impact
  • Remember the 80/20 rule: 80% of posts should simply provide value, and the other 20% can be self-promotion

Platform Purpose

  • A more professional, business-oriented social platform that is used by individuals & businesses to network and enhance career/corporate growth
  • Typically not used for personal postings unless they are related to business/professional endeavors

Basic Best Practices

  • Post specific content geared towards professional consumption
  • Share links to register for upcoming events (webinars, trade shows, conferences, live meet ups, etc.)
  • Develop an employee advocacy program to expand reach and encourage interaction
  • Join meaningful groups and post relevant content, and engage in preexisting conversations
  • Run ads on platform to enhance reach and impact
  • Remember the 80/20 rule: 80% of posts should simply provide value, and the other 20% can be self-promotion

Platform Purpose:

  • Photo-sharing platform to create visual narratives and personal connections with customers
  • Typically used to create a brand identity in quick, immediately consumable formats (i.e. photos, videos, stories, etc.)

Basic Best Practices:

  • Create regular posting schedule
  • Incorporate healthy mix of videos into timeline, as well as multi-image posts
  • Use appropriate hashtags and locations to attract likeminded viewers to your content
  • Run ads on platform to enhance reach and impact
  • Remember the 80/20 rule: 80% of posts should simply provide value, and the other 20% can be self-promotion

Platform Purpose:

  • Engage in real-time conversations, focusing on timely matters and creating/sharing news-worthy content
  • Often used for customer service needs to facilitate on-the-spot conversations and solutions that are publicly view-able

Basic Best Practices:

  • Create regular posting schedule
  • Enhance your outreach through tweets and replies to actively engage with community and inject yourself into a conversation
  • Use hashtags and tag users and companies in conversation
  • Continue to engage with live event communication and hashtags several weeks after events are over
  • Run ads on platform to enhance reach and impact
  • Remember the 80/20 rule: 80% of posts should simply provide value, and the other 20% can be self-promotion

FOLLOW US ON

What social media platform is right for you?

Facebook. LinkedIn. Instagram. Twitter. YouTube. The list goes on and on.

Just because there are dozens of social media platforms to choose from, doesn’t necessarily mean that every one of them is right for your business. However, be creative! Some of the best (and most viral) content is put together by brands who take a risk and have fun with it.

explore options

THE VONAZON PROMISE

Your success is our success. When you work with Vonazon, we promise that you will:

Get Started

Work with Experts

Our team is trained, certified, and continually enhancing their education on marketing and sales strategies to ensure you get the best results possible.

Get a Customized Plan

Your business is unique, and you deserve a unique marketing approach. We take time to understand your company to suggest ideas and deliver the results you need.

Learn New Strategies

Proactivity is the only way forward in our rapidly evolving digital world, and you can count on us to take the reins and provide innovative methods to continually progress.

Love Your Experience

Vonazon isn’t just a collection of the best minds we can find—we’re a company founded on building and maintaining extremely positive relationships with our clients.

YOU’LL LIKE THIS

Get social media marketing support

DISCOVER MORE

Strategies

LEARN MORE

Services

Success Stories