PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
- Personal Data: “Personal Data” is information that, directly or indirectly, identifies you or another individual and which may include: name, title, company name, job function, expertise, postal address, telephone number, email address, browser and device information (including IP Address), and information collected through cookies and other similar technologies. If you submit any Personal Data relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Site, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
- Other Information: “Other Information” is any information that does not and cannot be used to reveal your identity or that of another individual, such as information which has been fully and permanently anonymized and aggregated. We use this information to facilitate our operation of the Site and for other purposes described below.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We and our service providers collect Personal Data and Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Site: We collect information through the Site, e.g., when you request a free trial or demo, register for a webinar, contact us, subscribe to our email newsletter, download content (e.g. whitepapers), or register to use our Site.
- Offline: We collect information from you offline, such as when you attend one of our events, during phone calls with sales representatives, or when you contact a Vonazon representative.
- Through You: Vonazon collects information such as your location or your preferred means of communication when you voluntarily provide it. Unless combined with Personal Data, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites.
- Information from Other Sources: In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and services to you, we obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
- Through Your Browser or Device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Sites (such as the Apps) you are using. Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you access the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that you visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. Vonazon uses IP Addresses to calculate usage levels of the Sites, help diagnose problems with its servers, administer the Sites, and for monitoring the regions from which you navigate to Vonazon’s Site.
- Through Cookies and Other Similar Technologies: “Cookies” include commonly used pieces of information in the form of small files that are placed on an individual’s device to enable the individual to more easily communicate and interact with the Sites. When you visit our Sites, we may send one or more cookies to your device. They enable us to store information about your device which helps us, amongst other things, to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Sites and enhance the level of services and functions provided. We also use third parties to serve advertisements on other websites that may be of interest to you, based on information collected about your use of our Sites and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie or similar on your browser. Vonazon recognizes automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include ‘do not track’ instructions.
- By Aggregating Information: Aggregated Personal Data does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site (for example, we may aggregate Personal Data to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use Personal Data:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you requested materials and newsletters, as well as information and materials regarding our products and services.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Site and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you marketing communications, including via email and SMS in compliance with applicable laws and in accordance with your preferences, that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on the Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Data, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Site and services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our Affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Data described above will depend on the Personal Data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. We will collect and use your Personal Data where the processing is in our legitimate business interests, such as for direct marketing and sales of Vonazon’s Services, Software and Applications to prospective Business-to-Business (B2B) customers. Our legal basis for processing Personal Data in certain circumstances will also be based on your consent to do so or where we need the Personal Data to perform a contract with you or in order to enter into a contract with you. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Data from you.
If we ask you to provide Personal Data to comply with a legal requirement or to enter into a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Data is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Data).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We disclose Personal Data to our subsidiaries and Affiliates for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. Vonazon, Inc. is the party responsible for the management of the jointly-used Personal Data.
Third-Party Business Partners: Vonazon partners with a variety of businesses and works closely with them to market or sell products or services. In certain situations, these businesses operate within the Site. We may disclose Personal Data to our partners for the purposes described above. Some of our third-party business partners co-sponsor events and other offerings with Vonazon. We may share Personal Data with these co-sponsors when you sign up for events or offerings to allow our partners to send you marketing communications and information that may be of interest to you, as permitted under applicable law.
Agents and Service Providers: We contract with other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and share your Personal Data with some of them to provide products or services to you, or to otherwise communicate with you, such as to provide marketing or offers on our behalf. Examples include removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, conducting billing, processing credit card payments, engaging technical support for our services, providing customer service, and performing analysis related to our products or services. We also provide your Personal Data to agents and service providers to verify or compile aggregate usage data that we provide to our partners. When we share this information in this way, we require the agent or service provider to maintain the privacy, confidentiality and security of the Personal Data.
Sweepstakes: We share Personal Data with business partners or other third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions from time to time.
Vonazon Blog and Social Media Pages: Personal Data may also be disclosed by you through the Sites, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including, without limitation, our Vonazon Blog and the Social Media Pages). This information can appear in public ways, such as through search engines or other publicly available platforms and can be “crawled” or searched by third parties. Please do not post any information that you do not want to reveal to the public at large.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we buy or sell assets or businesses. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Vonazon will disclose Personal Data to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Profiling and Automated Decision-making: Vonazon combines data obtained by the methods described above to help us determine what products and services might be of interest to you and when you might be ready to make a purchase based on repeated interaction with the Vonazon website, emails, and content. Vonazon marketing and sales personnel are involved in this process and no automated decisions are made that would result in legal effects or similarly significantly affect an individual.
Protection of Vonazon and Others: We release Personal Data as we believe necessary and appropriate to law enforcement, tax, fraud prevention, credit risk agencies and other companies and organizations for the reasons given in the last bullet point under Section 3 above.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
SECURING PERSONAL DATA
We have implemented appropriate organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Data within our organization, including security controls to prevent unauthorized access to our systems. While we take reasonable steps to secure your Personal Data from loss, misuse, interference and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure, you should be aware no security procedures or protocols are ever guaranteed to be 100 percent secure from intrusion or hacking, and there is therefore always some risk assumed by sharing Personal Data online. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Questions, Concerns, or Complaints” section below.
ACCESSING, CORRECTING, AMENDING, OR REMOVING INFORMATION
If you would like to access, correct, amend, remove or limit the use or disclosure of any Personal Data about you that has been collected and stored by Vonazon, or have it transferred to another organization, please notify us at email@example.com so that we may consider and respond to your request in accordance with applicable law (e.g. CAN-SPAM Act, CASL, GDPR, etc.).
For your protection, we only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
Please note that we need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such access, change or deletion.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by contacting us at the e-mail address provided in the “Questions, Concerns, or Complaints” section below:
Questions, Concerns, or Complaints: For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
3325 Cochran St., Suite 200, Simi Valley, CA, 93063, United States